Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reminiscing on things past...




Today I am feeling a bit reminiscent.

Have you ever sat down and just begun to reflect on where you were a year ago? Well that’s exactly what I’ve been doing today. For some reason I am unable to keep my mind focused on the present and I keep drifting into the past, so I thought I’d share.

For those of you who don’t know, I spent six weeks last summer in Oxford, England studying abroad with the Grady at Oxford program. So (as I’m sure you can guess by the nature of this post) this time last year I was in Oxford!

Oxford wasn’t the only place I visited while abroad. I was also able to visit London, Rome, Paris, Edinburgh and Wales. Before this trip I had never been out of the country except for mission trips to Jamaica.

While in Oxford I took a class with Dr. Andy Kavoori. I believe the name of the class was, International Mass Communication. As our final exam, all of the students in class were told to create a sort of travel journalism portfolio. We were relatively free to do what we wanted with the project, so the results varied making the overall presentation very unique.

All of the projects were put together to create one large conglomeration of our Oxford experience. We called it the Oxford Diaries. As my mind wandered back to my days in Oxford, I decided to take a look at my own project. I called mine, the Eye of Tourism and I thought it might be something worthwhile for me to share since it is the sum of my 2007 European adventures.


I love to talk about this trip, so if you want to know anything specifically about the pictures or descriptions, or just about anything at all please feel free to ask!

No comments: